Recreation- Part-Time, Disney's Vero Beach ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 767334BR Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted Oct. 21, 2020
The key to success in this job is having an authentically friendly demeanor, an unshakably positive attitude and the sincere desire to help and protect others. If you want a job with tremendous variety, a weekly paycheck and access to opportunities that only The Walt Disney Company can supply, please apply today!
Responsibilities:One day you might focus on lifeguard duties around the pool, the next might be rainy day activities for kids of all ages, and the next might be tending to Guests who prefer the beach. But no matter what the activity, our Lifeguards/Recreation Hosts/Hostesses are always helpful and genuinely friendly. That’s the Disney Difference that keeps Guests coming back to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort year after year.
Every day as a Lifeguard/Recreation Host/Hostess is different! On any given day, you might:
- Use your lifeguard and first responder know-how to keep our Guests safe in the pool
- Answer Guest questions about the resort and the Vero Beach area
- Keep the pool deck tidy, help with towel rentals, and assist Guests however possible
- Lead supervised children’s activities like arts-and-crafts, storytelling, races and contests
- While you would lifeguard at the pool only, you would distribute towels and help set-up/break-down lounge chairs, rent cabanas and body boards on our beautiful beach
- Take the initiative to make a Guest’s dreams come true – our Lifeguards/Recreation Host/Hostesses are empowered to go the extra mile to make Disney magic
- Interact with Guests on a daily basis – since this is a Disney Vacation Club property, you will get to know “regular” Guests, and they will get to know you
- Talk with your leaders about your career, including promotion within your department or to other part time/full time jobs throughout The Walt Disney Company
- Take advantage of educational opportunities – Disney Aspire pays 100% of your tuition no matter what degree you select, even if you are working part-time
- Enjoy the benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including free Park entrance, the Disney Aspire educational program, weekly pay, generous perks, and discounts on things you really use.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Have (or be willing and able to pass) US Lifeguard and First Responder certifications, which includes:
- Pass a swim test: swim 200 yards without resting, tread water without using your hands for two minutes, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 5 feet.
- Pass a vision screening (corrected or uncorrected) with at least 20/25 vision
- Focus to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Heavy lifting and working with chemicals
- Physical ability to work outdoors, in all types of weather
- This role is part-time and requires full availability for any shift, including nights, a minimum of 3 days per week (one of which must be a weekend day). Must be fully available for any shift on state/national holidays.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you:
- Spoke a language other than English
- Had previous Lifeguarding experience
- Full availability for any shift seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends and all holidays
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 7:00am while some may end as late as 12:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney Vacation Club:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.