Already applied?View Dashboard
Freelance Page Editor - ESPNApply Now Apply Later Job ID 535906BR Location Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand ESPN Date posted 03/18/2018
Job Summary:ESPN is searching for a freelance page editor to join the sydney team to manage production, publication and promotion of ESPN digital media, including but not limited to ESPN.com.au, ESPNcricinfo, ESPNFC and ESPNfootytips, across all digital platforms in Australia and New Zealand.
Page Editors for ESPN.com.au must have a passion for sport, in particular sports in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, and an in-depth knowledge of domestic and international leagues and clubs. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong ability to produce, edit and publish digital content on a range of platforms. She or He will work closely with the ESPN.com.au editorial team to develop a comprehensive, engaging and informative product that sets ESPN apart from the competition. This includes taking advantage of all the resources at ESPN, including but not limited to TV production, radio and magazine content.
- Daily maintenance of ESPN.com.au, including but not limited to copy editing, headline and blurb writing and photo selection.
- Produce original content and repurpose and upload third-party material, manage photos, and maintain ancillary products as directed.
- Produce original content and share posts for publication on social media.
- Good news judgment and strong editing skills are especially important;
- Excellent English grammar and organisational skills.
- Understanding of HTML and related web-authoring tools and software, including Adobe Photoshop, and social media tools.
- Strong knowledge of social media and emerging technologies.
- Appreciation of pop culture and the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
- Can Do attitude.
- As part of the interview process applicants will be asked to sit a subbing test and also to write a news article.
- Role preferably based in Melbourne but still welcome Sydney based applicants.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Australia Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.