Attorney/Company Lawyer (1 year fixed term contract)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765059BR Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 26, 2020
- Advice the business on its needs including on affiliate sales, advertising, marketing, productions, IP license and protection, theatrical distribution and consumer product activities;
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements for various businesses;
- Monitor the laws/regulations and the new draft laws/regulations applicable to the business in the Territory and in EU and train the business accordingly;
- Support in liaising with local media authorities on the application and compliance of local laws and regulations;
- Monitor and support the business compliance with company laws, consumer laws, GDPR, internal Ethics & Compliance and HR related matters;
- Fosters a ‘continuous improvement’ culture with the business, ensuring processes, policies and procedures sufficiently protect the business from current and future risk;
- Strengthens internal and external relationships in ways that benefit the business.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Contract law, Commercial law, Intellectual Property law or New Technologies.
- Polish-English bilingual (written and oral). Another Central European language would be a plus.
- Being a qualified attorney with the Warsaw Bar, earning and LL.M. or business school degree would be a great plus.
- An experience abroad would be appreciated, so would membership with a Bar / an association governed by the Code of Ethics for Company lawyers and an experience with conflict resolution
- Being a strong team player and able to interact well in a matrix structure, with colleagues of a diverse cultural backgrounds and work styles, analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve, demonstrates flexibility in response to changes, remains productive despite uncertainty, earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Polska ) sp. z o.o., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.