Disney+ Content Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 917244BR Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
The Content Merchandising Manager will be part of the Central Europe DTC team and the role will be responsible for how Disney+ is presented to our customers – with regular content priorities, content maintenance and publishing updates in each of our countries, and with the end goal of increasing user consumption and extending customer lifespan throughout all CE markets.
The focus of the Content Merchandising Manager role is to ensure the CE Disney+ services are up to date with the latest new content made available through our delivery workflow. Working with our scheduling teams, you will wireframe the service each month, prioritising titles, promotions and events depending on a variety of regional and local requirements.
You will use the bespoke Disney Content Management Systems (CMS) to manage the featuring of new movies, TV and short form available to the service. You will analyse viewing behaviour data to inform editorial steer and curation of content, and you will help create and maintain a best-in-class SVOD experience utilising the company’s world-renowned characters and intellectual properties.
- Create long term merchandise plans for the Central Europe (CE) services, including seasonal plans, content priorities and in-service merchandise plans for anticipated content prior to launch
- Use Google Doc templates to create detailed featuring wireframes of the CE services updates on a long term basis, encompassing Disney+ content drops, editorial events, key content initiatives and IP/character anniversaries
- Use Polaris, the bespoke Disney+ CMS, to program, publish and schedule regular service updates, including weekly service refreshes, new editorial collections, brand and IP updates and content priorities
- Plan Disney+ editorial events that are tailored to specific markets, including local seasonal events and unique editorial collections that align with local content priorities, working closely with the Design team to create appropriate assets
- Work closely with regional Disney+ marketing teams to ensure alignment of local messaging and appropriate featuring
- Develop regular routines for post-publish content validation and service QC to ensure all content is published and featured as scheduled
- Work closely with schedulers both local and global and share viewing trends and consumption data with wider team
- Ensure team members are motivated, enthused and excited by creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture. Set clear team goals, monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Experience of working on a digital platform/CMS
- Previous SVOD management or content programming experience preferred
- Familiarity with all Disney & Fox brands and popular IP, including movies and TV
- Familiarity with iOS/Android platforms and multiple devices (tablets, browsers, mobile, web, connected devices)
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets required
- Experience with content reporting and data analysis preferred
- Ability to understand larger objectives whilst also able to focus on intricate detail
- A robust knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing business demands at short notice
- Eloquent communicator
- Effective relationship builder
- Curious and “Can do” attitude
- Able to work well with ambiguity
- Very good level of English (spoken and written)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Polska ) sp. z o.o., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.