Paid Sub Commercial Planning Senior Manager CEApply NowApply Later Job ID 874884BR Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Commercial Planning Senior Manager to join our Disney+ Commercial Performance and Planning team. The purpose of the role is to ensure we have well-defined and socialised targets for sign-ups, marketing budgets, retention, and other key DTC metrics, both for the long term and to guide the business.
This role will leverage strategic thinking, the ability to pull insights from Disney+ data, bottom-up plans from markets, market intelligence, research, and analytics, to synthesise them and define the most appropriate plans for the DTC business.
- Planning: Leading development of Disney+ annual strategy and planning, leveraging market and competitor insights, learnings from Disney+ research, and past performance. Driving regular planning for Central Europe markets, working closely with brand marketing, partnerships, and finance teams
- Acquisition: Working closely with partners to drive maximum ‘sell-through’ of Disney+, utilising all levers available including optimising customer journeys, effective execution of promotional (redemption-based) campaigns, and maximising our presence in all partner channels
- Wholesale: Working closely with our partners to drive activation and ongoing engagement, leveraging existing DTC content calendar, marketing, and creative assets, and creating bespoke content to drive partner subscriber engagement objectives
- Customer: Coordinate work of Merchandising team responsible for regular content maintenance, publishing updates, and maintaining the editorial tone of voice for the service with the end goal of increasing user consumption and extending customer lifespan
- Support the Disney+ Leader in the management of the Commercial Planning area and assist in budget tracking and annual planning.
- Trading: Represent the Commercial Planning team within regional XLOB meetings as required and recommend opportunities that will help enhance the Disney+ accelerate growth.
- Manage and coach direct reports to ensure the team is knowledgeable, motivated, and excited to deliver regional plans.
- Significant customer related experience (acquisition, retention, performance management) at a Senior Manager level or ready to promote to this level
- Experience in launching subscription products including exposure across campaign strategy, landing pages, copy production, paid campaign set-up & management and creative production.
- Significant professional experience managing paid acquisition channels across various markets.
- Experience in working as part of an integrated marketing & planning structure
- Experience managing and developing a team of managers and professionals
- Budget management experience
- Strong strategic capabilities and implementation skills
- Commercial mind set and data-driven approach to delivering results
- Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- MS Office advanced skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluent English
Additional Information:Competencies Required
- Inspires others through engaging, exciting, envisioning, and enabling others to execute their plans
- Provides appropriate direction, resources, and environment required for success
- Recognises and rewards the achievements of others whilst willing to address performance issues and takes appropriate action
- Passion to understands consumer audiences and headroom to apply this knowledge
- Recognises business opportunities, industry trends, and media opportunities which will enable Disney+ to connect best with consumers
- Is data and insight driven, appreciating the different consumer dynamics by the market to enable the designing and delivery of campaigns
- Establishes strong relationships and manages the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding and delivers relevant information appropriately and in a timely manner as required
- Capable of working as one team to benefit the whole business and support one another by seeking out a wide range of diverse opinions and experience in order to be inclusive
- Is creative and curious, proactively looking for new opportunities and how to improve
- Supports fresh thinking, champions change, and demonstrates agility in adapting to change quickly, easily & lightly whilst managing and coaching others through change
- Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives and is willing to take calculated risks
- Committed to doing the best they can by translating strategy into specific plans and campaigns in an effective and efficient manner
- Sets an example to others by holding themselves and their reports accountable to high standards and celebrates successes, both big and small
- Learns from personal and organizational experiences and strives for self-improvement
Some travel may be required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.