Programming Coordinator, Media Networks, CEEApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733405BR Location Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 19, 2019
- To produce detailed and accurate competitive program schedules on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
- Reporting to the Programming Manager, provide day-to-day responsibility for the planning, system input and communication of monthly schedules and program plans for linear services to regional and local teams, and wider business.
- With the Programming Team, create clear and compelling program strategies to drive channels performance across multiple measured markets, delivering on agreed performance metrics, regular ratings performance month-on-month and maximum ratings in high season.
- Work closely with Programming Manager to ensure schedule plans meet agreed strategic goals and objectives.
- Accurately manage program data and ensure program records are entered and maintained within CMS and Excel grids.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of program plans in broadcast system to playout, presentation, and media planning teams in advance of monthly deadlines. Issue and track program amendments where necessary.
- Ensure programming databases and roll out plans are accurate and updated, and ensure that planning strategies utilize key programming assets under license efficiently to manage burn out of programming in line with launch, build and sustain strategy.
- Create, coordinate and oversee delivery of accurate EPG files across all platforms and all territories.
- Assist Programming Manager in managing programming inventory assisting with maintenance of all forward planning and regional documents, including yearly event calendars, series roll out plans, language dubbing. As needed, work closely with local markets to ensure complimentary non-linear/other channel and FTA windowing.
- Assist with briefs and ensure implementation within planned timelines and given budgets.
- Continuously monitor and track competitor activity and audience trends and provide regular feedback to Programming Manager.
- Contribute stunt, holiday and schedule boosting ideas to Programming Manager. Be proactive in suggesting counter-scheduling strategies to keep schedules competitive.
- Work closely with Programming Manager, to analyze ratings data and enhance schedule strategy to maximize opportunities and competitiveness.
- Other projects as assigned.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in media industry, preferably in program planning
- Experience of evaluating ratings and research reports an advantage
- Experience of working in a multi territory environment, as needed.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of regional TV market, competitive set and trends
- Strong planning and organizational ability, able to manage projects and process
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- High self-motivation and feeling of ownership
- An advanced command of English both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organized with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Highly innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creative ideas.
- Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities.
- Multi-tasking projects and priorities to a high standard essential.
- Must work well under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System and channel reporting systems an advantage.
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication skills essential.
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
- Experience evaluating and interpreting research data an advantage.
- Passion for TV content, programming, brand positioning and viewing essential.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Polska ) sp. z o.o., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.