Already applied?View Dashboard
Control Center EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605547BR Location Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 27, 2018
Job Summary:The ABC News Acquisition Center (NAC) in Washington is a 24/7 News operation responsible for booking and managing all feeds in and out of the Washington News Bureau, as well as operational coordination for ABC News programs, ESPN shows based in the bureau, breaking news and large scale planned special events. The ABC Washington NAC is responsible for handling video feeds routed through the Bureau via satellite, microwave, fiber and IP, therefore in-depth knowledge and skill in those areas is a must. The position entails high-level coordination, documentation and routing of all transmissions such as correspondent live shots, network pool feeds, guest interviews, live hearings and any live coverage for ABC platforms and clients. Good communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
This position is a full-time union position. Candidates must have the ability to operate in a busy, ever changing news environment. Candidates are expected to collaborate in a team environment, but also expected to work solo at times, be a self-starter and be flexible with work hours in a 24/7 department.
- QC (Quality Control) of all feeds in, out, and within the bureau.
- Routing of feeds from remote locations into the bureau (Capitol Hill, White House, etc)
- Set-up and troubleshooting of live shots for multiple platforms. This includes establishing Camera PLs and IFBs, and coordinating with control rooms.
- Downlink of satellite feeds, tuning of microwave and ASI feeds, and receiving of IP transmissions.
- Working with vendors (fiber, satellite, etc) to troubleshoot feeds.
- Ensuring the quality and correct distribution of Pool feeds.
- Robotic camera work (local and remote).
- Manipulation of the Plant intercom (making changes to IFBs, PLs, and intercom panels).
- Shifts may regularly include early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and mandatory overtime. Occasional 6th and 7th days are possible.
- Other responsibilities may be added as workflows change.
- Must be flexible to work shifts as required.
- Must have at least 3 years of previous technical television production experience.
- Knowledge of Digital Video standards, and the ability to read waveform monitors and vectorscopes.
- Experience with video routers, and knowledge of Embedded and AES audio.
- Experience with robotic cameras.
- Experience with transmission via satellite, microwave, fiber and IP.
- Knowledge of studio intercom systems.
- Must be well organized, extremely attentive to detail, and be able to multi-task.
- Must have excellent communications skills both oral and written
- Must be able to work well with others, and take direction.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.