Assignment Editor (Project Hire) - WGAApply NowApply Later Job ID 10062120 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC News Date posted Sep. 18, 2023
ABC News Washington is looking for an Assignment Editor to join our Bureau's Desk Team. Are you passionate about covering breaking news and ongoing important stories? Our Assignment Editors (WGA) coordinate coverage, assign news staff including Correspondents, Producers, and Digital Journalists and support our newsgathering field teams and work with our Logistics and Operations teams to ensure the operational, technical and ENG needs of the field teams are being met.
What You Will Do:
You will keep track of various media platforms for breaking news assignments and ongoing story progress. You will work directly with all ABC News broadcasts as well as ABC News Live, NewsOne, Audio and Digital to identify and pitch important local, regional, national and international stories.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• You are adept at locating, verifying and clearing social content for all platforms while multi-tasking and making decisions quickly
• Must know how to coordinate assignments with the DC beats including Politics, Law/Justice/Terrorism, Global Affairs, Transportation, Race & Culture as well as Audio, NewsOne & Digital
• You have a strong editorial background with the ability to focus on finding distinctive and forward-looking story ideas
• Must be familiar with all broadcasts and platforms and be an advocate for assignments and staff
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a live broadcast news environment
• Familiarity with the Washington beats and the DC region preferred
• Two or more years’ experience working in a live network news environment
The Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The AE schedule will be a combination of weekdays and weekends.
This is a WGA position.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.