Assistant Chief EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 771034BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
Responsibilities:Supervise the engineering employees; responsible for scheduling, training, development, coaching and counseling. Provide open and clear communication. Provide recommendations and conduct performance reviews. Resolve issues and recommend disciplinary action as appropriate.
Implement and schedule all property and equipment PM programs in compliance with Disney standards and local, state, and national codes and regulations to ensure safety, guest and cast member satisfaction, to protect the assets and to maintain the resort in first class condition.
- Lead a team of engineers by coaching, mentoring, motivating, empowering, removing obstacles and holding individuals accountable to overall job performance and adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance engineering team performing daily preventative and corrective maintenance throughout the building.
- Make productive and positive contributions to safety, service and departmental performance.
- Provide technical oversight and direction for the troubleshooting, repair, refurbishment, of assets within the building.
- Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation among various departments and with all leaders while managing safety, regulatory compliance and productivity.
- Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation with tenants and other crew members.
- Review preliminary site/building plans for accuracy and scope of detail.
- Survey existing site conditions; prepare drawings and reports.
- Assist in bids and contract awards for construction projects.
- Plan, schedule and organize material deliveries, equipment and manpower to ensure maintenance and repairs are conducted in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage vendors performing work at Disney sites.
- Supervision of all maintenance and testing work including time sheets for all staff
- Assist maintenance staff with troubleshooting problems when required.
- Select Company services and products related to operations and verify their adherence to contractual provisions, job schedules and regulatory specifications.
- Ensure all required licenses and operating permits are obtained and maintained and that local, state and federal regulations are followed
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a maintenance environment and a minimum of 3 years within a building maintenance environment.
- Experience in facilities and/or equipment maintenance. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage performance and hold team members accountable.
- Strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader.
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Proven decision-maker with the ability to handle multiple tasks while under time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop management reports, accurately report information and use various office (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) and accounting programs (SAP, Kronos).
- Strong customer satisfaction focus/perspective.
- Experience in project process, development, and implementation.
- Some experience in financial management. Assist in creation and adhere to annual budget for department.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts, as needed.
- Knowledge of SCADA computer systems and/or comparable software
- Knowledge of CMMS systems.
- Knowledge of control systems and loops (4-20mA, 0-10V, etc.)
- Two year Technical Degree or equivalent experience in the facilities, mechanical, and electrical fields.
- DC 3rd Class Engineer
- CFC Certification
- BA/BS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Basic Electricity
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.