Associate Editor - National GeographicApply NowApply Later Job ID 915350BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Jan. 09, 2022
- Manage 6-8 illustrated and non-illustrated titles/year in science, nature, travel, atlas, history, and biography categories from outline development and flat plan though the design, text, fact check and photo edit, and oversee file preparation for handoff to production and copyedit.
- Create marketing materials including book briefs, title information, jacket copy, and ensure that editorial development adheres to project plan and budget.
- Assist Senior Editor in title management, including contracts, scheduling, production stages, and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Ensure that all pieces of the project come together in a timely manner and adhere to word counts, factual accuracy, and other specs.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain new and ongoing relationships with authors, artists, agents, and industry professionals.
- 3+ years of publishing experience
- Exceptional editorial experience, acquisitions, proven sales record, strong interest in the marketplace, and innovative product development skills in the adult book category
- Exceptional knowledge of the National Geographic brand and mission
- Ability to take overall responsibility for concept and content, as well as manage author and illustrator/photographer relationships.
- Editorial leadership, ability to see new titles through all stages of editing; managing schedules; collaborating with design and production
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.