Associate Manager, Project Management (Nat Geo)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10003306 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Associate Manager, Project Management strategically and efficiently guides the execution of integrated marketing campaigns, ensuring AV, digital, static, social, video, radio, and OOH are delivered on strategy, on budget, and on time.
This position helps drive the end-to-end management of marketing campaigns for Nat Geo Wild and special projects as assigned. The ideal candidate is strategic, articulate, flexible, diplomatic, collaborative, and curious.
- Manage campaigns as assigned – ensuring key stakeholders across all business units are aligned regarding strategy, deliverables, specs, timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Establish budget for projects and negotiate with vendors; monitoring any changes that may affect budgets looking for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Supervise routing process for all project creative to relevant parties, including internal creative team, executives, Legal, Research, Standards & Practices, and other relevant departments.
- Create and maintain priority tracking documents, project manager assignment lists, and content rollouts to keep entire department updated with key contacts, air dates, budgets, and deliverables.
- Attend/organize cross-departmental strike team meetings and drive task completion to meet premiere deadlines.
- Work with producers and design leads to make sure creative feedback to production partners is clear and timely.
- Develop relationships with show production, post facility, and vendors; serving as marketing point of contact to streamline asset requests, editing, finishing, and delivery.
- Assist Project Managers with tasks as assigned.
- Help to establish efficient workflows and identify gaps in current processes that could be improved.
- Manage the distribution of marketing materials and assets to various departments and global regions and ensure final toolkit deliverables are properly archived after delivery and QC.
- Prepare contract requests and ensure business and legal affairs teams have the proper information to execute contracts.
- QC and proofread creative.
- 3+ years in marketing/communications, with television or streaming experience preferred and ad agency experience a plus.
- Experience working with both in-house creative studio, creative producers, and external creative agencies.
- Knowledge of AV, static, and digital/social production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense reporting.
- Accurate, detail, and deadline oriented.
- Approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Collaborative and creatively additive to the process.
- In-depth, working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Mac computer fluency.
- Knowledge of project management software and file sharing platforms.
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.