Associate Photo Editor - National GeographicApply NowApply Later Job ID 884257BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 15, 2021
- Gather and enter caption and credit info into appropriate database for their own projects as well as for the other photo editors on staff.
- Maintain Media Grid database by inputting keywords and uploading files.
- Assist photo editors with photo research and licensing requests
- Source photographic content for approx. 1-5 series continuation titles each year.
- Thoroughly research concepts and subject matter to obtain the best quality and most eye-catching photography that is possible to license.
- Work with manufacturing to assure accurate color reproduction quality, being mindful of schedules and budgets.
- Research, download, and organize images for Spot Photo Pools as needed.
- Negotiate competitive rates with photo sources.
- Stay abreast of trends in market research that pertain to audience and buyer.
- Follow brand style guide and photo process guides to implement research for photos
- Partner with Kids publishing group to brainstorm ideas with editors.
- Responsible for high-quality reproduction in alignment with National Geographic's visual reputation.
- Any other administrative duties that may be required
- Assist photo editors with studio and on-location photo shoots
- Excellent eye for photography
- 1-2+ years of related experience in sourcing photographic content and administrative duties like maintaining databases by entering data and keywording
- Ability to recognize styles of photography and source within the brand vision as outlined by the Nat Geo Kids style guide
- Willingness to learn printing processes and color reproduction
- Able to negotiate effectively with photo sources
- Good written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Positive, efficient roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.