Broadcast Maintenance Engineer, ABC News DC - NABETApply NowApply Later Job ID 921537BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Feb. 03, 2022
Responsibilities:As a broadcast maintenance technician the candidate will work as part of a team to provide ongoing support for a 24/7 television broadcast facility including the installations of new systems. The ABC Washington Bureau has many control rooms, master control, editing systems with multiple server systems and other broadcast resources that the candidate will assist in maintaining.
- Minimum two years experience or background in television production with expertise in digital video and audio systems
- Be able to understand technical drawings and other documentation for all broadcast devices, services, and processes.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve complex system problems quickly with little external technical guidance and develop corrective measures for problems
- Be able to quickly identify and replace failed hardware and work with vendors to isolate and resolve technical problems quickly
- Have the ability to handle basic hardware installation, including being able to lift up to 20lbs to heights of up to 6ft
- Have the ability to balance and prioritize work and to multitask
- The candidate should enjoy working in a team environment that promotes collaboration and creativity in the workplace.
- The position is covered under the terms of the ABC – NABET-CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Be able to install, configure and maintain television broadcast systems including:
- Sony MVS Switchers
- NVision routers with NV9000 control system
- Grass Valley Miranda iContro
- AVID ISIS editing server with associated editing clients
- Grass Valley K2 editing servers with associated editing clients
- Grass Valley Kaleido-X virtual monitor walls
- SSL Audio Consoles
- Ericson and other Integrated Receivers Decoders and other Satellite and ASI gear
- Evertz Fiber Optic gear including setting up CWDM
- Certifications in any of the above systems is a helpful, and ABC will provide additional training.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.