Coordinating Producer, ABC News WashingtonApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736869BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
Responsibilities:The Coordinating Producer is responsible for directing the team’s reporting, managing and developing staff and overseeing multi-platform content created by ABC News’ Transportation and Regulation team in Washington.
The Coordinating Producer will lead the team in developing new techniques for telling stories across all ABC News platforms.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience reporting in the news industry is required.
- The Coordinating Producer must have extremely strong editorial skills; knowledge and a strong interest in the transportation industry.
- Candidates must have an established record of producing creative, exclusive stories and strong writing/scripting skills.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle developing news situations is essential
- A background reporting on the transportation industry is desired.
- The candidate should also have proven team leadership experience and an ability to manage a team of producers and digital journalists.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.