Coordinator, Content Operations – Nat GeoApply NowApply Later Job ID 995698BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business National Geographic Date posted Jun. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Additionally, the coordinator is also responsible for the conforming and, at times, editing caption and subtitle files and creating multiple file outputs for the various Nat Geo platforms. The coordinator will be responsible for making sure that priority trackers that relate to the captioning and subtitle files that are being created by 3rd parties are up to date and adhered to.
This position will also be responsible in assisting the Manager, Content Operations (Captioning/Scripts) to work with the preferred transcription vendors and the related responsibilities involved in maintaining accurate transcriptions for commissions and co-productions.
- Conforming caption and subtitle files to match videos.
- Outputting multiple files for various platforms, including Disney+, EST and Corus.
- Checking subtitle/caption files from vendors to ensure they meet company standards.
- Ensure that a 5-point QC review is done for all received captions/subtitles.
- Gather scripts and other materials to send to vendors for captioning/subtitling.
- Communicate with vendors on the delivery of materials
- Flagging any caption/subtitle related issues to the manager.
- Communicating with the vendors on any failures and redelivery of materials.
- Ensuring captions are prioritized in a way to adhere to various due dates.
- Maintain and continuously update the captioning tracker to track various due dates.
- Assist the manager with needs related to working with the preferred transcription vendors.
- Ensure that transcriptions used for co-productions and commissions for Nat Geo titles are accurate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented is a must.
- Experience working with MacCaption and other captioning software.
- Experience working with different forms of video/audio formats as well as a working knowledge of ScheduAll, Microsoft Word (Excel, Outlook), MAM and a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field or various experience.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call National Geographic.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.