Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Digital Internship, ABC News (DC)-Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522153BR Location Washington, Washington, D.C., United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 01/29/2018
At Disney/ABC Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Digital team’s internship is a fast-paced internship for an aspiring news writer/web producer. You will be conceiving, writing and reporting original pieces, assisting with ABC’s marquee morning political tip sheet, The Note, and collaborating with the team of campaign digital journalists to turn their reporting into content for ABCNews.com.
ResponsibilitiesA day in the life…
- Working closely with the digital, political and social team on daily story assignments
- Pro-actively identifying new content opportunities, story and video ideas
- Working hand-in-hand with reporters in the field on coverage, including helping them template stories in the content management system
- Performing general web production duties as needed
- Performing general political unit research duties as needed
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role...
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (broadcast and/or print)
- Courses on journalistic writing and editing
- Experience writing news stories on a deadline for a digital publication
- Previously published news stories (provide links/website)
- Strong research, writing and editing skills; experience within print or online publications
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Basic digital editing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong familiarity with social media news outlets
•All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
•All candidates must be at least 18 years old
•All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
•All candidates must be available from May to August for the 12 week program
•All candidates must be willing to work 30 hours/week
•All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
•All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
Preferred Qualifications•Preferred Junior or Senior, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date
•Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor)
•Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting.
•Previous experience and/or coursework in television production
•Proficiency in non-linear, digital video editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and/or AVID)
•Experience with DV camera operations
•Prior experience with social media management
•Prior experience generating story ideas and pitches
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationThis position is with: American Broadcast Companies, Inc
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability