Digital Social Producer, The UndefeatedApply NowApply Later Job ID 773858BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business ESPN Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
The Undefeated is seeking a Digital Social Producer to be the backbone of a multi-platform social content strategy. This individual will be responsible for contributing to the production of original social video, audio, and digital content. This person reports to the Senior Manager of Social Content. This person should also have a deep understanding of legacy video and social video as well as text and image editing chops. The preferred candidate should be able to produce and direct both on and off-site shoots for social along with studio producing of social shows. An ideal candidate would have a strong background as a shooter/editor/producer and be available to work weekends.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. This position will be remote until the company determines it is safe to return to the office. Once safe, it will require the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.
- Contributes to The Undefeated social team in the creative development, production, preparation, and delivery of original content for social media channels.
- Fully understands the technical process in which our content is delivered to our viewers and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems.
- Act as a liaison between social media departments at ESPN as well as other Disney-owned divisions
- Performs pre-and-postproduction social video editing; Executes duties of field producer on ENG shoots.
- Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative, compelling and feasible content for social media.
- Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned programs; determines the agenda and tone of the segment.
- Coordinates with the editorial staff to write shape copy into content for social video
- Applies considerable knowledge of story ideas and develops concepts to use on social channels.
- Participates with social team in the creative development, production and preparation of social content.
- Participates in in-house post-production activities.
- Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual storytelling.
- At least 3 years of progressively complex related digital media, studio or related production experience.
- Undergraduate College Degree with emphasis on Digital Media production preferred or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of social media production related techniques
- Must be proficient in mobile editing, shooting and graphic production.
- Has an established ability to create and produce compelling news, sports, culture stories; generates and executes story ideas, from concept to execution.
- Has excellent production skills related to livestreaming and capturing events
- Has solid appreciation of popular culture, e.g., “what’s cool” and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN’s viewers.
- Has a good understanding of ESPN’s market positioning within the digital space.
- Has solid knowledge of sports and culture.
- Has a strong appreciation and knowledge of sports, news and culture
- Has understanding of the social web, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Well versed in memes
- Experience in working with social production teams on location
- Interested in the exploring shifting racial landscape of the United States
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of 6 years’ direct professional experience OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.