Editor, Multi-Platform Content – National GeographicApply NowApply Later Job ID 10062735 Location Washington, DC, United States Business Disney Entertainment Date posted Sep. 19, 2023
The Editor, Multi-Platform Content is responsible for delivering world-class editorial projects and the development of six (6) History magazine issues per year. A core member of the team, the Editor will be involved in every project stage, from story selection to editing to production. She/he/they will work collaboratively with external and internal publishing partners, including writers, text editors, digital producers, designers, photo editors, and cartographers, to ensure material is delivered on time, on budget, and with the high quality associated with National Geographic.
- Project edit six (6) History magazine issues/year from development, text editing to production
- Edit 2-3 features per issue, ensuring the overall storytelling and factual accuracy meet National Geographic standards
- Execute the quality control stages of each issue, from copyediting to proofreading to release
- Work with internal team to create digital and other platform versions of features and departments
- Report to Senior Editorial Manager on project development and challenges, including contracts, scheduling, production stages, and administrative tasks, as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with portfolio of work in magazines, books, and/or digital publications
- Outstanding editorial judgment and creative thinking
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, understanding of the editorial process
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to project manage issues and keep them running on time and on budget
- Great team player and excellent collaborator
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work with minimal supervision, problem solve creatively, and exercise independent judgment.
- Personal interest and/or educational background in history
- Curiosity: ability to grasp new subject matter quickly
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Specialization in history, art history, classics, archaeology, or anthropology
About Disney Entertainment:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.