Executive Assistant - Publicity (National Geographic)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10066429 Location Washington, DC, United States Business National Geographic Date posted Nov. 03, 2023
Day-to-day responsibilities will include calendaring, completing expense reports, travel planning, and managing internal and external communications. Occasionally, this role will support the EVP and his team in creating presentation materials, providing project management support, coordinating department-level meetings and events, and collecting weekly updates from the team to share with senior leadership. In addition to understanding the executive’s business, the role will require any candidates to build an understanding of the leadership and workings of National Geographic Content and related departments across The Walt Disney Company.
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable acting as an administrator in a professional setting, maintaining strict confidentiality standards, and representing the department to the broader organization and external stakeholders. They will need to be detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to balance multiple high-priority projects with tight deadlines. They should present as professional, have a positive attitude, and be consistently prepared and responsive. Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
Provide day-to-day administrative support for high level executive including, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage schedule, calendar and meetings for the EVP and provide real-time scheduling support.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with all relevant information.
- Handle office tasks, such as generating reports and presentations, and setting up for meetings and events.
- Ability to tactfully manage executive’s time, multi-task and communicate clearly and effectively with all team members.
- Screen and flag important incoming emails to appropriate team members.
- Arrange travel plans including booking flights, cars, and hotel and making restaurant reservations. Ensure all details are communicated to readily accessible to executive while traveling.
- Preparation and submission of all business-related expenses using Concur/SAP delegate role in a timely manner.
- Regularly correspond with other Sr. level executives assistants (Chairman, Presidents, EVP’s, heads of marketing FX, ABC, etc.) and external and internal partners in a polite and professional manner via phone and email.
- Support work across the Nat Geo Content Communications and Marketing team, inclusive of Publicity, Events, Talent Relations, Photo, and Marketing Strategy Teams.
- Handle executive’s mail and shipping requests, orders supplies/materials and process invoices (when necessary).
- Other admin projects as assigned.
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
- Ability to make independent decisions when handling sensitive and confidential information, while exercising good judgment and discretion when executive is out of the office.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with a strong ability to manage multiple high priority projects and appropriately prioritize work.
- Proactively anticipate needs of executive and manage office time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain an efficient office, files, database, and information.
- Professional, friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines with a calm, professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives, as well as business unit contacts and key external partners.
- High-level competency in general administrative skills including answering the phone, filing, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, Google sheets and documents, and Zoom.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Team player - willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the Marketing and Communications Team, Nat Geo Content, and The Walt Disney Company as a whole.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible.
- 1+ years as an executive assistant supporting a Vice President, senior executive and/or equivalent experience.
- Candidate should have a strong passion for television and should be familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures, especially in marketing.
- Experience in the entertainment industry, ideally in publicity or marketing.
- Ability to troubleshoot tech issues as they arise.
- Overall working knowledge with the SAP and Concur system.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with talent and staffing events.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field preferred; 0-1 year of public relations/media experience or similar.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.