Feature Producer I, The UndefeatedApply NowApply Later Job ID 808967BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 15, 2021
We are looking for a Feature Producer I to join our dynamic team. More details below.
This position is anticipated to be located in D.C.; however, may be open to locations such as NY, LA or CT.
- Produces long-form and short-form feature stories and profiles, from concept to completion for air, for ESPN’s award-winning primetime sports magazine show.
- Generates, researches and pitches content/story ideas; determines the content, writing, editing style and storyline/narrative of features; arranges for talent, graphics, animation, equipment and crews; identifies storylines for narrative; writes script; oversees feature "shoots"; oversees editing to achieve the desired story arc and high-end production.
- Plans and directs the work of freelance production personnel and freelance technicians during feature story productions. Ability to shoot/edit and knowledge of innovations in technology with cameras and edit is a plus.
- Presents work for review to the responsible Coordinating Producer at regular intervals and milestones.
- Develops concepts and content for feature stories to reach viewers and increase ESPN's market penetration, television ratings, digital viewership, and social media reach.
- Provides regular feedback and mentoring to Associate Producers and Production Assistants.
- Participates in decisions regarding the full scope of creative, content, production and cost/benefit decisions for assigned feature stories and profiles.
- Recommendations and decisions are subject to general review and are guided by the defined objectives and outcomes of assigned feature stories.
- Pushes the envelope creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular piece or show.
- Works independently without Talent when necessary or desired, conducting excellent interviews and writing outstanding scripts.
- Embraces and seeks knowledge of digital/social media and technological advances in field and post production.
- Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of feature production.
- Has an ability to identify, create and write compelling feature stories and profiles, executing high-end production from concept to completion.
- Has strong research, reportorial/journalistic and storytelling skills.
- Has strong communication and writing skills.
- Proven ability to supervise effectively camera crews and editors; has demonstrated high-end, cinematic production skills with shooting, editing, audio/music, etc.
- Has very good budget and resource management skills
- Minimum 5 years of progressively complex related production experience with advanced prior experience reporting and producing features.
- Specific knowledge of television production technique used in digital and social media.
- Use of various computer programs, including video editing programs and photoshop, Microsoft Outlook, ENPS, NCS, various inter and intra net sights.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using non-linear edit software such as Avid and Adobe Premiere and able to produce rough cuts of segments for preliminary screening.
- Preference given to candidates with strong editing background, who can edit, color-correct, and provide final audio mix.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using digital cine-cameras, which include, but not limited to: Canon 5D, Canon C300, Sony F5/F55, RED Epic or higher, or Arri Alexa
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.