Graphics Resident (National Geographic)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 881097BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Oct. 29, 2021
- Develop, report, and execute original infographics, cartography, and/or interactive stories for National Geographic across platforms
- Provide and receive feedback on work from other editors in department-wide group edits
- Attend pitch meetings, coverage plans, layout reviews, proof meetings and executive reviews to get full 360-degree view of editing process
- Conduct interviews with editors and executives from other departments to better learn National Geographic and its business
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated skills in infographics, cartography, design and/or interactive storytelling
- Proven interest in journalism and digital content
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.