Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660050BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Television Group is seeking a Manager of Finance for ABC News in Washington, D.C. This person will partner with the local leadership team to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the D.C. Editorial and Operations, Politics, Network Pools, and ESPN Facility Production. The Manager will lead the financial planning process for Washington D.C. centric cost centers, and create business analyses to support decision-making for local content and operations.
The successful candidate is a production savvy, financial guru that can take data and translate it into sound business recommendations to enable ABC News Washington, D.C. to make nimble, actionable decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple Business Partners across the Bureau will be critical to success.
The position will report into the ABC News Senior Manager, Newsgathering Finance.
Responsibilities:Business Planning & Decision Support
- Support the day to day financial operation of the Washington, D.C. News Bureau, including Editorial, Operations, Politics, News Coverage, etc.
- Analyze all aspects of operations and spending patterns to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost control
- Prepare reports on financial performance, forecast, and budget to communicate performance to Business Partners
- Liaise with business partners to manage and track costs for tenants and real estate agreements
- Provide insight on trends and financial history to Business Partners in order to enable informed decision making.
- Partner with Newsgathering Finance team members to identify and establish best practice and consistent analyses throughout all Bureaus
Financial Planning & Production Support
- Own and prepare the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan, forecasts, monthly & weekly reviews and other ad hoc reporting for Washington, D.C. operations (Editorial, Operations, News Coverage, etc.)
- Develop and track KPI’s for editorial and operations by creating processes to instill a culture of proactive cost discipline
- Collaborate with editorial and operations team to create and manage Pool budgets; post event review and settlement of event costs
- Develop and manage budgets for Washington, D.C. centric news events (e.g. State of the Union, Inauguration, etc.).
Organizational Development & Business Transformation
- Champion a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity, and innovation
- Be an essential resource for the Business Partners; an integral part of the decision making team
- Develop and mentor a team of 1 finance professional
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP and BW. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- MBA or CPA preferred
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDTV) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDTV offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDTV includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.