Manager - HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 913799BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
The team is looking for Manager, HR Business Partner. This role will contribute to the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the National Geographic and Disney Branded Television marketing divisions.
Through collaboration and relationship building with the business executives, HR Center of Excellence teams and other HR business partners, he or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, Diversity & Inclusion, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution. You will also partner with the business and broader HR team in identifying opportunities to enhance overall employee experience and engagement.
- Supports, establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Manage, develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals
- Work on a flexible workforce strategy that would include regular employees and contingent workers
- Pair Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Understand and translate business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors to support talent strategies.
- Partner within internal team to develop and execute a lifecycle, collaborative approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives.
- Lead and champion performance management process and system to foster an inclusive culture
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as L&D teams to leverage existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences meaningful for all employees.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues across the company to add value to the business.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging and integrating the work of HR functional experts such as Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion to provide comprehensive HR solutions.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.