National Geographic Graphic Editor Resident (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 763898BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 28, 2020
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company’s sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
- Develop, report, and execute original infographics, cartography, and/or interactive stories for National Geographic across platforms.
- Provide to and receive feedback on work from other editor in department-wide group edits.
- Conduct interviews with editors and executives from other departments to better learn National Geographic and its business.
- Attend Pitch meetings, Coverage Plans, Layout Reviews, Proof meetings and Executive Reviews to get full 360-degree view of editing process.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience or equivalent educational graduate-level experience
- Demonstrated skills in infographics, cartography, and/or interactive storytelling
- Proven interest in journalism and digital content
- Candidates must have work authorization in the United States through 2020
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.