News Editor, ABC News Digital (Washington, D.C )Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10030820 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC News Date posted Nov. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are seeking a full-time News Editor based in Washington, D.C., to join the ABC News Digital team. The person in this role will join a dedicated team of editors at ABC News Digital and will be responsible for line editing Washington-related and politics text stories that are published on ABCNews.com, working with reporters, producers, senior editors, our newsgathering operation, and our legal and standards teams. The ideal candidate is a thoughtful text editor and has experience leading breaking news coverage and assigning stories and is a self-starter who does well under pressure. The team is currently working in a hybrid model, with three days a week in the office and the remaining days remote. The hours are generally dayside, Tuesday through Saturday, though the hours may shift depending on coverage needs.
- Edit breaking news, features and live blogs, primarily on Washington- and politics-based news
- When necessary, write breaking news stories and live blog posts
- Help reporters develop story ideas
- Collaborate with D.C. reporting/producing teams and the newsgathering desk
- Work with the “This Week” team to publish breaking news and edit stories for Digital
- Make editorial judgments on a minute-to-minute basis
- Minimum 3 years’ experience editing for a digital news outlet
- Ability to write on deadline with speed and accuracy
- Proven experience handling breaking news
- Knowledge and interest in Washington and political news
- Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks
- Brings energy and positivity to the group dynamic
- Has experience running point on major breaking news
- Experience collaborating with different teams
- Excellent communication skills
- BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in journalism from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.