Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
NewsOne Internship, ABC News (DC)- Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 520581BR Location Washington, Washington, D.C., United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 01/22/2018
NewsOne is the affiliate news service of ABC News. NewsOne provides complete, round-the-clock coverage of news and sports to ABC affiliated stations, domestic programs and news organizations, foreign news agencies, as well as ABC News programs.
ResponsibilitiesA day in the life…
You will gain hands on experience working in a digital newsroom and taking part in the newsgathering efforts for network news.
- Assist correspondents and producers in the production of reporter packages for the ABC TV affiliates.
- Monitor and log Washington news events, including Congressional hearings, briefings, and news conferences.
- Edit video summaries of the events you log using our Avid edit system. Write scripts for each item you cut, and provide production and lower-thirds information.
- Handle phone calls from affiliates and Washington-based domestic and international clients of ABC News, and provide guidance and/or video services in response to these calls.
- Have the opportunity to spend a day in the ABC News White House and Pentagon offices.
- Work in the field with ABC News staffers on remote broadcasts at outside locations including Capitol Hill
- A specific interest in politics and government
- Basic digital editing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong familiarity with social media news outlets
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel
•All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
•All candidates must be at least 18 years old
•All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
•All candidates must be available from May to August for the 12 week program
•All candidates must be willing to work 24 hours/week.
•All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
•All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
Preferred Qualifications•Preferred Junior or Senior, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date
•Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor) a plus.
•Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting.
•Strong research, writing and editing skills; preferably experience within print or online publications, or for television
•Previous experience and/or coursework in television production
•Proficiency in non-linear, digital video editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and/or AVID)
•Experience with DV camera operations
•Prior experience generating story ideas and pitches
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with: American Broadcast Companies, Inc
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability