Paralegal – Global Ethics & ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 809534BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Disney Legal is seeking a Paralegal whose primarily role would be to support the Principal Counsel for Global Trade in administering the Company’s global trade compliance program, provide training, provide legal advice and counsel regarding global trade control (import, export and sanctions) laws, assist in performing trade compliance risk assessments, and help oversee trade compliance diligence and monitoring regimes.
- Research and analyze various trade control topics
- Monitor legal, regulatory and domestic/foreign policy developments in trade controls
- Review/ draft trade controls contract clauses and amendments
- Draft correspondence to government regulators
- Monitor dockets for regulatory filings
- Work closely with attorneys, other paralegals, and clients
- Supporting trade control compliance activities
- Miscellaneous projects as they arise
- Minimum 2 years as a paralegal with trade controls (import, export, sanctions) experience in one or more areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to handle a high volume of deadline-intensive work
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills up to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels, both internal and external
- Experience with working effectively in a collaborative team-environment
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies and promote continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software programs, Adobe software, and online research skills
- Willingness to learn and use new research materials and practice tools
- Experience with database and reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.