Photo Editor, National Geographic – NY, LA, DCApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009625 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Photo Editor is responsible for quality control and distribution of images for all assigned shows across publicity, marketing, streaming, and online departments as well as pertinent external clients and users globally. The photo editor collaborates with production to identify key photo opportunities for unit photography coverage. The photo editor must be able to decisively plan and execute on multiple projects at once.
- Quality control, editing and effective distribution of photo assets
- Collaborate with production to prioritize photo opportunities
- Maintain workflow and asset delivery schedules
- Book unit and event photographers for assigned shows
- Research and submit new diverse talent for consideration for photo shoots
- Facilitate talent approvals for assigned shows
- Facilitate retouching for assigned shows
Work Experience Required:
- 3+ years photo asset management experience
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Experienced using Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
- Experienced with Digital Asset Management systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- The ability to multi-task under pressure, work some evenings and weekends
- Some travel and evening work required
- Strong knowledge of Federal copyright laws and photo rights
- Experience with DF Studio
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Visual Communications, Photojournalism, Art or Public Relations, or equivalent work experience
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.