Producer/ Reporter, Pennsylvania Avenue - ABC News WashingtonApply NowApply Later Job ID 866966BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
Responsibilities:The producer/reporter will work an afternoon/evening shift, Sunday through Thursday, with primary responsibility for working with ABC News' White House and Capitol Hill correspondents in crafting and producing TV news stories for ABC News’ "Good Morning America" broadcast. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pitch and write forward-looking stories and enterprise pieces for all platforms
- Assist in reporting for all platforms on major political stories
- Cover events, hearings, and breaking news from the White House and Capitol Hill
- Occasional field producing
- Communicate key story developments during the evening hours to senior editorial staff and disseminate reporting notes across the network
- Minimum of two years journalism experience
- Superior news judgment
- Television scripting experience, including in a breaking-news setting
- Sound news judgment and ability to find primary sources to produce daily story assignments, breaking news coverage and long-term futures reporting
- Must be able to balance priorities, multiple projects, and tasks
- Must be an effective communicator
- Three years of experience covering politics or policy for a national news outlet
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.