Producer, This Week with George Stephanopoulos (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 876476BR Location Washington, DC, United States; New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Oct. 26, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a network-level, highly-respected public affairs broadcast with growing reach in the streaming and multi-platform space.
- The primary responsibility of the Producer is to produce the taped open of the show along with lead and feature packages.
- The Producer is also responsible for producing live production elements including VO and soundbites as well as writing and editing for ABC News digital platforms, including ABCNews.com
- The Producer may be asked to assist with special events coverage, including election night coverage and debates. Some business travel is possible.
- All members of the This Week team are expected to proactively pitch week-of and long-term story and guest ideas.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in broadcast, print or digital journalism is preferred.
- Ability to edit and write under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate strong editorial judgment and an in-depth knowledge of current events.
- Must be able to write text pieces for publication on ABC News digital platforms.
- Must be able to work effectively in fast paced, high pressure situations.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Minimum 5 years experience crash producing and editing broadcast/digital ready packages
- Experience with news gathering and live remote field production
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.