Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Race & Culture Unit Production Internship, ABC News- Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874171BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC News Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Across the landscape of ABC News Programming, the Race and Culture team guides daily reporting and special projects in a space that is dynamic and requires closer investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews, and incisive investigative reports.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Assisting with daily logging elements
- Pitching stories and assisting with research elements
- Assisting with bookings
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings
- Writing digital articles for ABCNews.com and goodmorningamerica.com
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge and interest in the topics of race and culture and current events
- Ability to work efficiently in a team/group setting
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creative out of the box thinker
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recent graduates
- Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting
- Familiarity with ABC News shows
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship OR Disney College Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- The approximate dates of this internship are January to May 2022
- Candidates must be available to work 30-40 hours/week during the internship. Must be open to these shifts: 10am – 6pm ET or 11am – 7pm ET
- Must be able to work in the Washington, DC office occasionally and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. The intern would work in the office a couple of days and remotely a couple of days
- Candidates could also work remotely in the Los Angeles area
About ABC News:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.