Security LeadApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746006BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
As a Security Lead, you’ll manage a well-trained, cohesive team that provides 24/7 protection to our co-workers and guests at our buildings and at special events. Your mission? To protect Disney property and safeguard our co-workers and guests!
Responsibilities:Every day as a Security Lead is different! Depending on your shift, on any given day you might:
- Research and share threat-assessment levels with staff;
- Use your know-how and training to diffuse EDPs and de-escalate tense situations;
- Perform walk-through evaluation and provide security at both on and off-premise events;
- Respond to medical or fire incidents, and work directly with local first responders;
- Utilize technology to report and document incidents and manage information flow;
- Process invoices for outside vendors;
- Review camera surveillance related to investigations, prepare incident and incident management system reports;
- Shift oversight for the 24 hour operation of the security for the Washington News Bureau.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the Washington News Bureau’s Employees, tenants and visitors.
- Coordination and training of all proprietary security officers at the Washington News Bureau.
- Work closely with contract guards and their management team.
- Oversee security for personnel and equipment at outside locations (Remotes, Special Events, Political Conventions/Rallies/Inaugurations, etc.)
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Provide security for daily and weekly broadcasts that are being filmed in the Washington News Bureau.
- Responsible for reporting all problems and discrepancies to the Security Manager.
- Work cross functionally with regional security leadership and Disney Global Security.
- Coordinates the life safety training of the Washington News Bureau’s employees and tenants.
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- 5 years of military, corporate security or law enforcement experience;
- Strong leadership and sound judgement;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English, and strong command of basic English grammar.
- Ability to take command and make quick decisions using your training and common sense;
- The knack for talking to people in a friendly way that gets results;
- Success motivating, managing and inspiring your team;
- Experience working under pressure;
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job and be outside in all weather; and
- Flexible work days/hours (this is a “shift work” role) and ability to work some overtime:
- FSD/EAP license, and Fire, Life & Safety Director Certificate of Fitness;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required;
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
Additional Information:Some of the perks we offer include:
- Taking part in ongoing learning on subjects such as CPR, Imminent Threat Assessment and First Aid training.
- Attending a movie screening or television taping, enjoying the full array of benefits offered by The Walt Disney Company including paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.