Security Mgr Nat Geo & ABD Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 788470BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 03, 2021
Reporting directly to the Senior Security Manager, National Geographic, the Security Manager Project Hire – Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions, as part of The Walt Disney Company’s Global Security organization, will be responsible for the protection of Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions assets. Overall, this position’s responsibilities include safeguarding cast members, guests, contractors, properties, proprietary information, intellectual property and the brand of The Walt Disney Company and its owned companies.
Specifically, this role supports and partners with business leadership on Adventures by Disney and National Geographic Expeditions. The Security Manager Project Hire provides business partners with a consistent point of contact and accountability for Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions security initiatives and requirements. This role will collaborate across all Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions and Disney functions to align efforts in support of a strategic security framework - identifying opportunities and driving results.
This role creates synergistic opportunities and efficient work flows to streamline effective and efficient security standards including partnership with Global Security resources on risk assessments, training, social media monitoring, asset tracking, crisis management and business continuity. Coordinates with Regional Security teams across the globe on identification and oversight of all proactive security and crisis mitigation measures along with incident response requirements for all Adventures by Disney and National Geographic Expeditions tours around the world including travel and at destination sites.
The Security Manager Project Hire will partner with local, state, federal and international agencies around the globe to assist in supporting risk assessments and assessing threat trends for Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions Trip Development team. Travel to some destinations will be required to validate risk assessment information from the ground level.
The Security Manager Project Hire will respond, oversee and direct Disney enterprise security and crisis management assistance and support to Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions leadership by providing operational expertise, along with financial, policy and procedural recommendations. This position will also engage with third party security vendors, law enforcement and emergency services, on the formulation of security related plans as well as being a security central point of contact for Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions and Global Security.
- Identifies strategic security initiatives to address shifting threat trends and project management requirements in partnership with Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions leadership, through successful implementation.
- Develops the implementation, analysis and remediation strategic planning of security policies to validate compliance with enterprise Global Security standards.
- Engages with third party security vendors, law enforcement and emergency services on security related plans for Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions activity.
- Partners with business leadership and Global Security training teams on timing, delivery, relevance and continuation of all security training programming in alignment with business objectives and company standards.
- Coordinates closely with Disney Global Intelligence and Threat Assessment team and Regional Security partners to conduct threat assessments and develop threat mitigation strategies for all current and future tour destinations to include specific hotels, airports, ground transportation, maritime cruises and itinerary locations and communicates risk mitigation recommendations to business leaders.
- Partners with the Global Security Communication Center in identifying and overseeing asset tracking of Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions destinations to support travelers, employees, licensees and Destination Management Companies.
- Partners with Regional Security Directors to assess risk in regions where destinations have been identified, including desimmenation of relevant Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions tour information to Regional Security leaders for monitoring and business continuity planning.
- In close coordination with Adventures by Disney & National Geographic Expeditions leadership and Global Crisis Management team, supports development and relevant updates to crisis management, emergency response policies and business continuity plans. Partners on development of crisis management exercises with business leaders. Participates in company emergency management exercises where relevant.
- Utilizes resources provided by the Global Security Communication Center (GSCC) for timely information and research related to incidents occurring in real time. Works with the Adventures by Disney and National Geographic Expeditions leadership and GSCC to craft accurate and timely communications for business leadership, on-location employees, licensees and Destination Management Companies as well as for senior leadership of The Walt Disney Company.
- When required, conducts advance visits to tour destinations, partnering with intelligence gathering sources and coordination with local, state, federal and international agencies during all pre-planning and on-the-ground activities.
- Builds effective and strategic relationships with external partners, state, federal and international law enforcement agencies. Include OSAC partners when applicable.
- Directs development of efficient, effective security plans to safeguard assets, mitigate risk and impact to organization.
- Contribute to priorities of key stakeholders creating a synergistic approach in all interactions.
- Establish key performance metrics/goals and appropriate corporate administrative and business unit functions.
Basic Qualifications:10 years or more of experience in security-corporate, agency, law enforcement and/or other related security experience.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
Preferred EducationMaster’s Degree
Additional Information:This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.