Segment Producer – This Week, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023928 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC News Date posted Nov. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC News is seeking a Segment Producer to join This Week with George Stephanopoulos. This team member will be primarily responsible for providing comprehensive research to anchors as they prepare for newsmaker interviews and roundtable discussions, and will help further the show’s mission of providing in-depth analysis to make sense of the extraordinary moments unfolding in the world today. The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a deep knowledge of current events, public affairs and government. Ideal candidates have experience handling coverage of live breaking news and planned live television events, field and tape production skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic news environment.
The Segment Producer must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. They must be able to work on their own as well as in various team settings to provide high-quality work to the show and ABC News.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a network-level, highly-respected public affairs broadcast with growing reach in the streaming and multi-platform space.
- The primary responsibility of the Segment Producer is to conduct in-depth research based on the news of the week. This includes conducting pre-interviews with guests, providing topical and biographical background information, and suggesting an effective and challenging line of questioning for anchors.
- The Segment Producer is also responsible for producing live production elements including VO, soundbites, lower third banners as well as written copy for ABC News digital platforms, including ABCNews.com
- The Segment Producer may be asked to assist with special events coverage, including election night coverage and debates. Some business travel is possible.
- All members of the This Week team are expected to proactively pitch week-of and long-term story and guest ideas.
- At least three (3) years of experience in broadcast, print or digital journalism is preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong editorial judgment and an in-depth knowledge of current events.
- Must be able to write text pieces for publication on ABC News digital platforms.
- Must be able to work effectively in fast paced, high pressure situations.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Experience with news gathering and live remote field production
- Package writing ability and experience cutting tape segments with craft editor support
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.