Senior Digital ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 981552BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Andscape is a Black media platform dedicated to creating, highlighting, and uplifting the diverse stories of Black identity. Magnified by the power and reach of ESPN and The Walt Disney Company, the Andscape umbrella includes an editorial division, book publishing arm, film and television division, and music publishing group – each united by the shared mission of illuminating the culture and experience of Blackness. Founded in 2022, Andscape is a reimagination, expansion and diversification of The Undefeated’s former platform.
This role is based in DC but may be open to other locations: NY, CT, CA.
- Leads the creative development, production and preparation, to delivery of original short features and social content.
- Works with the Senior Digital Video Manager to determine and maintain the "creative vision" of assigned multimedia productions and features.
- Ensures compelling user experiences.
- Ensures the selection of content incorporated in pieces drives content to where the audience is while applying sound editorial judgment.
- Fully understand the technical process in which our content is delivered and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems.
- Produces and assembles production elements for on-line features and trailers.
- Prepares scripts and timings for program elements.
- Develops or works with visuals team to create graphic and animation packages.
- Runs/performs pre-and-postproduction digital video editing and 'voice over' sessions; Executes duties of field producer on ENG shoots.
- Coordinates with members of the production and Andscape staff to create informative, compelling original series for digital media.
- Coordinates with staff to write accurate and informative copy for original content.
- Leads or participates with assigned multimedia production team(s) in the creative development, production and preparation of multimedia features, either for online, marketing/sponsorship or other emerging technologies within the Digital Media space i.e. mobile, downloadable audio and audio-visual broadcasts.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Supports online production teams by conceiving, producing, editing and readying video for online or mobile platforms.
- Oversees or participates in in-house post-production activities.
- Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media.
- Accountable for the full scope of technical, content and cost / benefit decisions for assigned digital media productions.
- Assigned to various projects and units within the original production team requiring the application of independent judgment and leadership.
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones.
- Must have the ability to understand the structure but creatively overcome resource and technical barriers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization and content.
- Works with all levels of management and areas of the company to ensure compliance with rights structure and provide promotional push for initiatives.
- May negotiate to acquire digital media content, concepts and designs.
- Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management systems.
- Must be proficient in on-line editing and ENG Camera.
- Has an established ability to generate and execute story ideas, from concept to publication.
- Has an understanding of Black cultural moments and current events.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management system.
- Has excellent production skills related to live events.
- Has an understanding of how to produce content for YouTube.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications with an emphasis on Digital Media production
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.