Senior Manager Financial ReportingApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023594 Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Manager Financial Reporting will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of the consolidated financial statements on a quarterly basis for our stakeholders in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and presenting to the CFO of the National Geographic Partnership. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for managing Balance Sheet reconciliations and SEC disclosures, including 10-Qs and 10-K in accordance with SEC Rules and Regulations. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical accounting background, has excellent problem-solving skills, excellent time management, is well organized, and has strong communication skills.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of the consolidated partnership financial statements while maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Assist in managing the relationship with key shareholder (NGS) including but not limited to the preparation and presentation of the consolidated partnership financial statements, assist with agreed upon procedures, coordinate timely payment of distributions, etc.
- Manage reporting for partnership tax return preparation and communicate with tax department and outside tax consultants.
- On a quarterly and yearly basis, build, review and submit a broad portfolio of reports for SEC disclosure to the respective Disney segments.
- Properly maintain the SAP master data for the National Geographic Partnership in conjunction with Disney Segment Reporting and Disney Financial Systems. This includes initiating and communicating changes to all interested parties, including Disney Segment Reporting and National Geographic Finance.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process to comply with internal control requirements and record keeping.
- On a quarterly basis, manage and submit P&L and Balance Sheet commentary notes addressing the fluctuations analysis of actuals to prior year/prior quarter and to forecast as requested by the Disney controllership segments.
- Manage company’s internal and external audit requests by Disney Segment Controllership or independent external auditors.
- Manage intercompany reconciliation process including complex transactions with numerous trading partners and cash settlement of intercompany transactions.
- Manage the preparation and review of periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations according to Disney policy. Manage the ART process for all of National Geographic Controllership.
- Manage closing process including required journal entry approvals for National Geographic Corporate function, including leases, fixed assets, international receivables/payables, withholding taxes, and eliminations for SEC/Partnership reporting.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with directors and managers to facilitate financial results and ad-hoc analyses on demand.
- Manage other projects as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- B.S. Accounting, CPA preferred, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of accounting experience, including positions with managerial responsibilities.
- Public accounting experience with exposure to SEC and Financial Reporting preferred. Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations is highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office applications and enterprise GL solutions.
- Advance Excel skills required
- SAP experience preferred
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to plan, lead, and motivate staff.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with 21CF America, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
21CF America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.