Senior Security Program Manager, ExperiencesApply NowApply Later Job ID 767340BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 20, 2020
Specifically, this role supports and partners with business leadership on National Geographic Expeditions (NGE), Adventures by Disney, National Geographic productions, National Geographic Editorial assignments, special events and journalists working for and on behalf of National Geographic and physical security of National Geographic offices. The Senior Program Manager of Security provides business partners with a consistent point of contact and accountability for all National Geographic and Adventures & Expeditions security initiatives and requirements. This role will collaborate across all National Geographic and Disney functions to align efforts in support of a strategic security framework - identifying opportunities and driving results.
This role creates synergistic opportunities and efficient work flows to streamline effective and efficient adherance to security standards including partnership with Global Security resources on risk assessments, training, social media monitoring, asset tracking, crisis management and business continuity. Coordinates with Regional Security teams across the globe on identification and oversight of all proactive security and crisis mitigation measures along with incident response requirements for all National Geographic projects and Adventures and Expeditions tours around the world including travel and at destination sites.
The Senior Program Manager will partner with local, state, federal and international agencies around the globe to assist in conducting risk assessments and assessing threat trends for future National Geographic projects. Travel to some destinations will be required to validate risk assessment information from the ground level.
The Senior Program Manager of Security will respond, oversee and direct Disney enterprise assistance and support by providing operational and expertise, along with financial, policy and procedural recommendations. The Senior Program Manager of Security will also engage and direct third party security vendors, law enforcement and emergency services, on the formulation and dissemination of security related plans as well as being a central point of contact for National Geographic and Global Security.
- Identifies strategic initiatives to address shifting threat trends and project management requirements through successful implementation.
- Develops the implemention, analysis and remediation strategic planning of security policies to validate compliance with Global Security standards.
- Engages with third party security vendors, law enforcement and emergency services, directing the formulation and dissemination of security related plans for all National Geographic and Adventures & Expeditions activity.
- Partners with business leadership and Global Security training teams on timing, delivery, relevance and continuation of all security training programming in alignment with business objectives and company standards.
- Coordinates closely with Disney Global Intelligence and Threat Assessment team, conduct threat assessments and develop threat mitigation strategies of all current and future tour destinations and on-location productions or assignments to include specific hotels, airports, ground transportation and itinerary locations and communicates risk mitigation recommendations to business leaders.
- Partners with the Global Security Communication Center and Risk Management and Legal/Compliance leaders in identifying and overseeing implementation of National Geographic’s and Adventures & Expeditions destination security framework, to support travelers and employees, production teams and journalists.
- Partners with Regional Security Directors to assess risk in regions where destinations have been identified, including desimmenation of relevant Adventures & Expeditions, production or journalist information to Regional Security Directors for monitoring and business continuity planning.
- In close coordination with the Global Crisis Management team, develops crisis management, emergency response policies and business continuity plans for all tour, production and journalist destinations. Partners on development of crisis management exercises with business leaders. Participates in company emergency management exercises where relevant.
- Utilizes resources provided by the Global Security Communication Center (GSCC) for timely information and research related to incidents occurring in real time. Works with the GSCC to craft accurate and timely communications for travelers, on-location employees and contractors/freelancers as well as for senior leadership of The Walt Disney Company.
- When required, conducts advance visits to tour, production and journalist sites, partnering with intelligence gathering sources and coordination with local, state, federal and international agencies during all pre-planning and on-the-ground activities.
- Builds effective and strategic relationships with external partners, state, federal and international law enforcement agencies. Include OSAC partners when applicable.
- Directs development of efficient, effective security plans to safeguard assets, mitigate risk and impact to organization.
- Contribute to priorities of key stakeholders creating a synergistic approach in all interactions.
- Establish key performance metrics/goals and appropriate corporate administrative and business unit functions.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the security and entertainment fields including 5-10 years of leadership experience with a comparable sized organization.
- Must be a strategic thinker capable of communicating, influencing and partnering with all levels of the organization as well as externally to law enforcement and partners.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse and globally dispersed team members.
- Must be able to establish credibility as a business partner respected by client-base with proven ability to gain buy-in from teams.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of partnering and developing consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities
- Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required
- Builds trust and instills self-confidence through mutual respect and ongoing communication.
- Experience in providing technical expertise appropriate to knowledge of risk and cost effective delivery of essential security services
- Capable of handling multiple and complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate a large volume of information, and to communicate accurate and timely recommendations on business and security related risks to the organization with solid focus on detail, as required
- International tour operations and/or production Security leadership experience or international/ Security experience a plus
- Intelligence gathering and development of risk assessments beneficial
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position.
Preferred EducationGraduate degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.