Talent & Content Production ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009041 Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
National Geographic CreativeWorks, a unit of Disney CreativeWorks / DMED, creates brand stories with the imagination and reach of The Walt Disney Company. From creative development and multi-platform production to proprietary insights and content strategy, Disney CreativeWorks is a full-service branded content studio and creative agency with global scale, unparalleled access, and a legacy of delighting audiences everywhere. The work is distributed across National Geographic linear, streaming, digital, social, and print media platforms.
The Manager will provide end-to-end content solutions featuring Nat Geo photographers, explorers, and storytellers, as production liaison with talent for NGCW. The Manager will support the Director for all talent-related solutions for CreativeWorks and Disney / DMED related projects. The ideal candidate is familiar with talent, influencer/creator marketing, excels at managing multiple simultaneous projects, and understands the various requirements for production across social and digital platforms. The Manager is an essential contributor to revenue and growth opportunities with Nat Geo talent. The Manager will oversee the participation of Nat Geo talent for on-camera opportunities, content development and production, and collaboration with multiple Disney business units. It is critical Nat Geo talent have a relationship with the Manager as their partner for commercial content and ensures a positive experience with Nat Geo CreativeWorks. Manager assists the Director with assignment strategy to ensure diversity, equity & inclusion, and proper brand-persona alignments.
This position is responsible for negotiating talent/production deliverables and budgets with photographers & explorers, and agents. Manager keeps regular communication open within NGCW to help streamline project management, documentation, and deliverables management. This position is responsible for the day-to-day communication with assigned photographers & Explorers, the quality of their content or on-camera work, as well as ensuring that Nat Geo’s valued photographers & explorers have an exceptional experience while working with Nat Geo and Disney. Most of the work is focused within the US market, though this position expertly guides the global National Geographic Partners CreativeWorks and marketing team’s selection and engagement of Nat Geo contributors in special projects.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Manage talent relations and content production for ad sales branded content: adhere to compliance and inform/guide talent from assignment through delivery, oversee adherence to client brief, maintain budget and overall custom shoot project management across once job is assigned.
- Quality content is delivered that aligns with Nat Geo’s brand and elevates both Nat Geo and the client’s custom partnership project and publishes work worthy of the photographer’s reputation, all within the agreed Ad Sales profit margin.
- Direct and respond to details on multiple high stakes, fast turnaround content productions simultaneously as main point of talent production contact
- Allows NGCW to maintain primary contact with the contributing photographers and Explorers to ensure quality interactions and consistent experiences; provides greater oversight of the quality of the content productions to ensure alignment with Nat Geo brand expectations
- Develop and maintain relationships with over 500 contributing photographers & Explorers, globally
- Possess immediate knowledge of the best talent alignments for ad sales/marketing/special projects and provide an exceptional experience for the talent, thereby maintaining and elevating Nat Geo’s reputation
- Oversee robust asset and documentation management, identifying the best systems approved and made available by the company.
- Provide clear and immediate access to various data concerning custom content shoots to better tell the story of the opportunities for talent and the achievements of the Creative Works projects
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 5+ year minimum professional experience in content production, talent management, content marketing, influencer marketing or similar creative role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working knowledge of elements fort talent-led photography, visual storytelling or equivalent including:
- Content formats
- Model, property releases, insurance and permitting processes
- Contracts and negotiations of talent, on-camera, influencer, content deliverables and partnerships
- Photography usage rights and valuation.
- Best-practices in field production and 'real-time' talent management, problem solving
- Familiarity with branded content and social media; ability to discern and communicate the difference between commercial and editorial standards to talent
- Familiarity with current social media and content platforms
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at different stages. Calm under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet multiple deadlines, proactively prioritize
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.