Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
“This Week” Production Internship, DC Bureau ABC News- Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 668160BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 21, 2019
Job Summary:"This Week with George Stephanopoulos" is ABC News flagship public affairs program featuring newsmaker interviews, political analysis and debates on a wide range of issues.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
As an intern with “This Week” you are an integral part of the editorial team. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Contributing ideas during editorial pitch meetings
- Curating background research for headliner interviews and roundtable segments
- Transcribing prerecorded interviews
- Supporting with live show production on Sunday mornings, including guest greeting
- Publishing digital stories summarizing headliner interviews after the show
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- A keen interest in politics and journalism
- A strong base of knowledge about politics and current events (domestic and international)
- Previous experience (academic or internship) related to broadcasting, reporting or writing news content
- Sharp editorial judgment
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Journalism or Political Science Majors
*Note: This internship requires working on weekends. All interested candidates must be able to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.*
•Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
•Demonstrated interest in journalism (print and/or broadcast) via academic coursework or previous internship experience
•Previous experience (academic or internship) related to reporting or writing news content
•Previous experience (academic or internship) in editing for publications
•Previous experience (academic or internship) in pitching stories/ideas for review
•Demonstrated interest (academic or internship) in political discourse/political studies
•Previous experience (academic or internship) with in-depth research, news or political
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from September to December
- Must be willing to work 32 hours/week- schedule is Thursday-Sunday
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.