Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Transportation/Agencies Reporting Internship, ABC News (DC)- Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 669890BR Location Washington, DC, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 12, 2019
Job Summary:The Transportation team is headed by Correspondent David Kerley, and covers transportation for all ABC News platforms.
The Agencies team is headed by coordinating producer Anne Flaherty, and covers several federal agencies for all ABC News platforms.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Work under the direction of the unit producers
- Assist with researching stories, setting up interviews, pitching story ideas, logging hearings or press conferences, and occasionally assisting out in the field on shoots
- Assisting the correspondents with day-of-air stories and long-term projects
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Demonstrated interest in journalism, and reporting and/or intern experience in a newsroom
Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Basic digital editing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong familiarity with social media news outlets
Preferred Qualifications:•Journalism or English majors
•Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor) a plus.
•Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting.
•Strong research, writing and editing skills; preferably experience within print or online publications, or for television
•Previous experience and/or coursework in television production
•Proficiency in non-linear, digital video editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and/or AVID)
•Prior experience generating story ideas and pitches
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from September to December
- Must be willing to work 20 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.