Projectionist, El Capitan Theatre – Daily HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 977421BR Location West Hollywood, California, United States Business El Capitan Theatre Date posted Jun. 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
As an exclusive first-run movie theatre for Disney, The El Capitan Theatre hosts world premieres, live entertainment, and other special events that have helped restore showmanship to Hollywood. The legendary El Capitan Theatre made its debut on May 3, 1926, as "Hollywood's First Home of Spoken Drama. This grand theatre has been restored to its original elegance, boasting a Spanish Colonial exterior and a colorful and lavish East Indian interior designed by San Francisco architect G. Albert Lansburgh. The El Capitan Theatre has undergone a museum-grade renovation including state-of-the-art projection, sound, lighting, and special effects
The projectionist will oversee all the operation and maintenance of all cinema systems and technical equipment.
This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 33
- Operation and maintenance of digital cinema projectors and related systems
- Fluent with setup and operation of 2D and 3D projection systems
- Ability to patch and configure multi-channel audio formats
- Ingest and preparation of show/pre-show content, building playlist, loading, checking and troubleshooting KDM’s (keys)
- Setup and adjust picture projectors and screens to achieve proper size, illumination, and focus of images, and proper volume and tone of sound.
- Properly tech each program, including image framing, sound and aspect ratios.
- Screen check and verify content for quality and proper ingest
- Monitor operations during presentations to ensure standards for sound and image quality are met.
- Use equipment in a professional manner so that all screenings are as seamless as possible including smooth changeovers, proper focus and careful screen masking.
- Aid in setup, rehearsal, and operation of live performances and special events.
- Perform regular maintenance of cinema systems/equipment
- Basic troubleshooting. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to solve or work around problem or malfunction.
- Inspect equipment, materials or environment to identify the cause of errors, problems or defects.
- Notify Management Team Member of needed repairs or required maintenance
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge. Suggest and install new equipment to maximize audience experience, including obtaining price quotes.
- Maintenance of all theatrical and facility lighting.
- Open and close facility according to approved procedures and schedules.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a projectionist in venues equipped with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos Projection Systems.
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of Dolby Vision Laser Projectors
- Familiar with the set up and operation of Dolby CP850 Digital Cinema Processors
- Familiar with the set up and operation of IMS3000 Integrated Media Server
- Familiar with operation and maintenance requirements for Christie digital cinema projectors
- Strong understanding of video formats, processing, and signal flow
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to maintain focus in a high-pressure environment and adapt to last minute changes.
- Be reliable, responsible, focused, and on time for all work calls
- Practice safe working habits
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Ability to work occasional overtime, evenings/nights, weekends and holidays as needed and on short notice
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
About El Capitan Theatre:
The legendary El Capitan Theatre raised its curtains on May 3, 1926, as “Hollywood's First Home of Spoken Drama.” Restored to its original grandeur and outfitted with the most advanced cinematic technology available, this 1,000-seat venue on Hollywood Boulevard showcases first-run and special engagement movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, in addition to hosting prop and costume exhibits, live entertainment, world premieres and other events. Thanks to our team of creative, talented professionals, the El Capitan delivers a world-class family entertainment experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theaters, Inc., which is part of a business we call El Capitan Theatre.
Buena Vista Theaters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.