Lead Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10057279 Location Wismar, Germany Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 19, 2023
Responsible for coordinating, planning and managing the Technology Infrastructure deliverables during the design and construction phases of Walt Disney Imagineering (Germany)/Disney Cruise Line new ship build project, including coordination of Technology efforts with the Shipyard, Project Team and external Vendors with accountability for schedule and financial health of the project.
This role will require you to be onsite 5 days a week.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Provide project management, as well as, technical leadership from detailed design through construction of multiple Cruise Ships of critical importance to Imagineering and The Walt Disney Company.
- Act as the representative of the Marine & Technical (Technology) Studio on the project core team interacting with Manager, Project Estimator, Project Scheduler, Project Division Finance Manager, and Executive of the studio.
- Direct the activities of team members and outside consultants/vendors in the preparation of construction
- Define and document efficient build processes to enable the standardization and execution of multiple ship builds as it relates to the Technology deliverable scope
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects/programs
- Take full responsibility for the project/program including its budget
- Plan and monitor the progress of the project against the base-lined project plans
- Manage the overall configuration of the project in alignment with project governance framework - to ensure that project controls (budgets and resources), change control, risk management and testing processes etc. are maintained
- Monitor and control project resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manage the expectations of all project stakeholders
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off
- Provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
- Provide expertise and guidance for project delivery and motivate teams to meet their objectives
- Manage projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for projects
- Use of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
- Delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources
- Ensuring key Disney contributors and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
- Ensure conformance to Disney global security policies, standards and procedures
- Oversees 3rd party consultants and vendors as the owner's representative to the Shipyard
- Coordinate with functional management on staffing/budget and strategy issues
- Assemble and manage design schedules, labor estimates and budgets
- Earned Value, budget and schedule controls. Provide technical and administrative leadership to maintain project costs on budget with appropriate cost and schedule tracking and reporting
- Report on project status and issues, as well as, participate in and contribute to weekly project staff meetings
- Ensure coordination of multi-discipline scopes of work, including integration of all Technology system requirements and facility impacts
The Experience We Require From You:
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the Cruise industry
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer technology in the CADD generation of drawings and BIM technologies as a project management tool in design, administration, planning, and finance
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Day-to-day technical design management for multiple systems and venues
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- 15 years of experience preferred within the Cruise/Hospitality industry
- Computer Skills in AutoCAD LT, Excel, MS Project, BlueBeam Revu
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.