Senior DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10077894 Location Glendale, California, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States / New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Feb. 06, 2024
DEE Technology Design:
Design at Disney is at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our fans love and crave. We strive to design high-quality end-to-end experiences while maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture. To us, team-fit and attitude are as important as hard design skills.
DEE Technology Design is the unified design org for 90+ customer-facing websites/apps and hundreds of enterprise products in the Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DEET) organization. We are the storytellers responsible for adding “something special” to our consumers’ experience every day through exciting design, artwork, branding and UX globally. We are responsible for driving the product design, user experiences, creative direction, production design, motion design, service design, UX copywriting, UX research and UX engineering. It is our job to create a framework that delivers consistent, creative and innovative user experiences for people – whether they are using Disney’s consumer-facing products, or the platforms, products and tools that help power our business. Crucially, how we do that work must be both imaginative and efficient, allowing us to also free our team devote energy to using design to drive innovation.
The consumer portfolio we get to design for includes many of the most trusted and beloved brands in the world – ABC, ABC News, Disney, ESPN, Freeform, FX, Marvel, National Geographic and Star Wars. These are great products, and our charge is to always imagine ways to make them even better; to deliver happiness and magical moments through artistry and inventive design, reinforcing the emotional connection between consumers and Disney’s brands. The enterprise portfolio we are responsible for is also critically important – and our colleagues, partners and businesses will be relying upon us to bring the same kind of imagination, ease and consistent excellence to those experiences.
The DE&E Technology Product Design team delivers transformative consumer-facing product innovation across Mobile, Desktop, and TV apps for our consumer experiences. This mission includes delivering brand-specific consumer experiences, building cohesive user journeys within a product family, partnering across Product, Engineering and other business partners, and working with Design team members directing rapid visual concepts, producing high fidelity visual design. We are a multi-disciplinary design team where you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with many design groups and specialties to create innovative products that people love to use.
Designers at Disney are a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout your design process and evolve the way Disney operates. We expect a Sr Designers to work on multiple projects, both from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be a point of contact to coordinate requirements with stakeholders
- You will define app and web experiences for consumer-facing products
- You will innovate new consumer experiences
- You will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You will work closely with teammates to produce design solutions using sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- You will be responsible for presenting design work to partners and stakeholders
- Your design work sets an example for other designers to follow
As an applicant to this role, we ask that your portfolio demonstrates:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experiences - You have experience designing consumer-facing apps/websites, complex user flows across app and web, or delivered new innovation that disrupt the convention
- You have an expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- You are a self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- You are hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- You have a strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills - You have a strong work ethic, are reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
- You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
- You have expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or technical degree preferred
The hiring range for this position in California and Connecticut is $120,900 to $166,200 per year. The hiring range for this position in New York and Washington is $126,640 to $174,100 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.