Senior Software Engineer (Front End)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10079275 Location Seattle, Washington, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Feb. 09, 2024
Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we’re reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world’s most beloved stories while also transforming Disney’s media business for the future. Whether that’s evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to maximize flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney’s unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you’d love working for Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
- Building the future of Disney’s media business: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power Disney’s media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
- Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
- Innovation: We develop and execute groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
This opening is for a USA based employee, and must sit onsite in our offices in Seattle, WA, or New York, NY.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to build best-of-class, delightful streaming experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to build, review, and deliver modern media applications to Samsung, LG, and other streaming-media devices.
- Use data and experimentation to reinforce the value of new product functionality, ensure that we are providing the best experience possible for our viewers, and continuously improve our applications.
- Provide mentorship to junior software engineers.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Leadership, the ability to identify problems and drive towards solutions, and an eagerness to learn and teach new technologies & solve novel problems.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Experience developing sophisticated user interfaces in a large and organized codebase.
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces.
- Experience with our common development tools such as: GitHub, Jenkins, Webpack, AWS, Confluence, JIRA.
- Experience building applications backed by web-services is a plus.
- Experience developing for Samsung, LG, or similar devices is also a plus.
- Launched or worked on an international product.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position is $142,600 to $191,100 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.