Technical Assistant IApply NowApply Later Job ID 10000370 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 05, 2023
ILM is currently hiring Technical Assistant at all levels and often in multiple locations. You may not see your specific career level advertised online, through the process you and your recruiter will work together to find the right role that combines your unique experience and career goals.
We are hiring across all levels for this discipline
The Technical Assistant is primarily responsible for managing internal computer and storage production resources. You will work very closely with artists, production, and other technical staff to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and used in the most efficient manner possible. Working closely with production, TAs are afforded the opportunity to learn the artistic workflows, pipelines and tools first-hand.
What will you be doing?
- Prioritizes overnight renders on both Linux.
- Coordinates processor allocations with Production and balances processor demands within show, between shows, and as a share of facility pool.
- Monitors processor and file server utilization and health of jobs in the farm throughout the day and overnight.
- Identifies problem shots and works with artists and CG supervisors to fix issues.
- Monitors disk usage for the facility, with a particular focus on individual shows, and on a shot-by-shot basis within those shows.
- Manage reference materials through our internal image library system. This includes uploading/removing images and provide assistance when users encounter issues with the system.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
- A relevant years of work experience
- Proven ability and experience working well in teams
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills with good knowledge in Unix/Linux environment
- Strong programming and scripting experience; Python
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.