Pastry Cook 2 - Full Time, $32.52/hrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1173636BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jan. 29, 2024
Responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion and presentation. Assist Leads and Chefs to ensure proper delivery and production of exceptional bakery items for all Resort outlets and banquets.
- Knowledge of all pastry techniques which include, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing, wedding cakes, and showpieces
- Ability to prepare, decorate, finish and platter all bakery items to Resort standards
- Ability to read and interpret BEO’s, Private dining orders, restaurant orders, amenity requests to estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Ability to create and decorate cakes, wedding cakes, and custom amenities
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including the company HACCP
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout all bakeshop food preparation
- May be required to communicate with guests on stage when needed to explain cooking techniques or answer questions
- Ability to conduct inventory of products
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist in preparing guests for special dietary needs
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
Minimum 3 years experience in culinary field/high volume bakery
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Cake decorating experience highly preferred
Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
Accredited Food safety certification or equivalent
Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends holidays and special events
- Culinary Education Degree, Certification or equivalent preferred
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
The pay rate for this role in Hawaii is $32.52 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.