Entertainment Technician - CasualApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1035739BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 28, 2023
Parkwide Events / Theater (Stage Technical)
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations & maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals and strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate, program, troubleshoot and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues, including but not limited to Lighting, Audio, Video, Props, LED Wall, Stage Decks and Stage Effects equipment
- Construct, install and troubleshoot a new production or event during seasonal offerings or special events
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations, maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals, strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate the show operation equipment, including but not limited to Lighting Consoles, Nodes, Network any overhead rigging equipment such as Lighting Fixtures, Truss system, cabling, Chain Hoists and Stage Decks
- Responsible for conducting inspections on Rigging Systems; setting up, programing and designing on Lighting Consoles
- Be the subject-matter-expert for knots, anchor points, chain hoists attachment pieces, bolts & clamps
- Under supervision to setup and test the Laser system to meet with the show specifications
- Set-up and align the Laser angle according to the show procedure
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and maintain the show quality standards
- Maintain daily record of the laser system, & observe the laser beam direction and determine the laser safety during show
- Be the subject-matter-expert on programming, maintenance and fault finding of all Show Control Systems, especially Lighting and Laser System
- Responsible for installation, set-up, operation and maintenance of all show control systems and equipment
- Responsible to program and operate the video mapping server system, video projection and mapping systems
Candidates with more experience will be considered for higher level positions.
- Secondary school or above
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in backstage of theater or live Entertainment operations/entertainment equipment management
- Able to handle a physically demanding role that requires frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, working at heights and prolonged standing
- Willingness to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Willingness to work on shift with occasional overnight shifts
- Associate’s degree holder or equivalent work experience.
- Driving license holder (Class 1 & 2) is an advantage.
- Holder of a valid First Aid Certificate Course is an advantage/ Special Effects Operator (Stream B) is an advantage.
- Registration of Electrical Worker/Holder of Safety Training Certificate is an advantage.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.