Assistant Manager - Advertising Sales, Star VijayApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10076315 Location Mumbai, India Business The Walt Disney Company (India) Date posted Feb. 05, 2024
About the Role:
This is a revenue generation role where the incumbent will be responsible to sell our advertising solutions to media agencies and marketeers for Star Vijay. The position holder will be responsible for maintaining relationships with a designated set of key strategic accounts and identifying new accounts to maximize revenue from them through sale of commercial time and branded solutions.
Star Vijay Non-GEC channels consists of Star Vijay Super & Vijay Takkar which are our Tamil movie channels and are a critical part of any client's Tamil Speaking Market plan. They have been amongst the leaders in terms of reach across Tamil Non-General Entertainment Channels and contributing significantly in terms of revenues.
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, its strengths, positioning, content etc. to be leveraged for pitch impact and effectiveness
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industries/categories being serviced as well as unique marketing challenges being faced at each client organization
- Network, engage with and build strong relationships across levels at client as well as agency organizations to understand business trends, have direct visibility on upcoming campaigns and revenue potential
- Demonstrate thought partnership through a comprehensive understanding of the client and agency organization, their marketing needs, campaign efficiency metrices etc.
- Build a strategy to derive maximum revenue for your accounts
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
- Create, negotiate, and close deals that maximize price/market share and deliver on the client’s and agency’s marketing objectives and expectations.
- Map competition (Sales strategy/Programs/Clients) and use market intelligence to develop strategies to maximize market share
- Deliver maximum value on deals by collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization (PRS, Operations) and taking complete ownership of deal execution, client servicing and post evaluations of campaigns
- Act as an ‘Account Manager’ rather than a ‘Seller’ by providing dedicated account management to develop and nurture strong long-term relationships with key accounts.
- Business development to identify new clients
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
- Accurate monthly revenue projections
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual quotas
- Achievement of CPRP benchmarks and high market share
- Continuously identify opportunities for additional revenue sources through non FCT avenues – Brand Solutions
- Continuously strive to identify opportunities to maximise revenue opportunities
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual Revenue
- Price / yield
- Client Count (Effective coverage)
- Accuracy of projections and productivity
- MBA degree holder with 5+ years of sales experience
- Business acumen
- Networking and relationship building
- Learning agility
- Analytical thinking
- Result orientation
About Disney Star:
Disney Star is a leading media & entertainment company in India that reaches over 700 million viewers a month in nine different languages. Our entertainment portfolio which cuts across general entertainment, movies, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content generates over 20,000 hours of original content every year.
Disney+ Hotstar, India’s leading streaming platform, enables us to reach and entertain audiences anywhere, anytime. Disney+ Hotstar has changed the way Indians consume their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas.
With leadership positions in every segment it occupies, Disney Star has been redefining the media landscape for more than 30 years now, anchored on the three pillars of story-telling, innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering to the expectations of our audiences.
Join us, and let's continue to inspire a billion imaginations.
About The Walt Disney Company (India):
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (India).