Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & BD, APAC(Korea Lead)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10076447 Location Seoul, South Korea Business The Walt Disney Company (APAC) Date posted Jan. 15, 2024
Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) is responsible for developing strategies to drive long-term growth for the company. CSBD team works closely with both APAC leadership and Managing Director of Korea of the Walt Disney Company (TWDC) to drive and support strategy development and execution.
We seek a candidate with experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity in Korea. The role requires strong business development, problem solving and analytical skills, excellent team work, effective communication in both English and Korean, as well as ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of business and functional teams within TWDC.
Key elements and required results of the role
- Lead and drive the Company’s strategic planning, M&A and new business initiatives in Korea, including the annual 5 Year Plan process and any ad-hoc strategic reviews
- Research and analyze on new and/or evolving market and consumer trends and draw insights and implications on business strategies
- Develop business plans to capture new business opportunities and key growth initiatives
- Support the country GM in identifying, analysing and executing potential partnerships in Korea
- Partner with local Business Unit leadership in the development of business unit specific strategic plans; align strategy to TWDC Korea strategies. Closely collaborate with and support BU leadership
- Influence, engage and gain buy-in to deliver strategic planning and growth objectives
- Represent Korea in APAC-wide and Companywide strategic initiatives
- Prepare key strategic and operational review materials for management
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity in Korea (required)
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills (both English and Korean), particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including senior executives
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork capabilities and good cultural sensitivity
- Ability to think pragmatically and ability to drive executions
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to produce complex financial models and full PowerPoint decks to support decision-making
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
- MBA from a top business school with 5+ years of post-MBA experience
About The Walt Disney Company (APAC):
For over 70 years, The Walt Disney Company has been entertaining consumers in Asia Pacific – and enriching people’s lives. Today’s consumer can discover new branded experiences in many ways and in many markets from Australia, New Zealand, Mainland China, Japan, Korea to Southeast Asia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).