Broadcast Maintenance Engineer, OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10072999 Location Washington, DC, United States Business ABC News Date posted Dec. 15, 2023
Are you a motivated broadcast maintenance engineer with experience maintaining and troubleshooting broadcast and IT equipment? Do you enjoy working in a team environment that promotes collaboration and creativity in the workplace?
Disney Inc is hiring a full-time broadcast maintenance position to work at the ABC News Bureau in Washington, DC! This is one of the largest production operations facilities in DC, producing multiple shows daily for ABC and ESPN. This role requires working nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as situations demand.
The position will be covered by the NABET-CWA Master Agreement.
- Provide ongoing support for a 24/7 television broadcast facility including the installations of new systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain television broadcast systems.
- Assist in building and maintaining control rooms, master control, editing systems with multiple server systems.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- At least five years of broadcast maintenance experience in a live environment
- Possess a wide range of knowledge and skills in television technology and engineering
- Have a strong proven understanding of studio, transmission and editing systems.
- Have a strong background in broadcast television maintenance with expertise in digital video, audio and control systems.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve complex system problems quickly with little external technical guidance and develop corrective measures for problems
- Be able to quickly identify and replace failed hardware and work with vendors to isolate and resolve technical problems quickly
- Ability to handle basic hardware installation and lift up to 20lbs to heights up to 6ft
- Excellent understanding of technical drawings and other documentation for all broadcast devices, services, and processes.
- Experience using the systems below:
- Sony MVS Switchers, NVision routers with NV9000 control systems
- Grass Valley Miranda iControl
- AVID NEXIS editing server with Avid FastServe and associated editing clients
- Grass Valley K2 editing servers with associated editing clients
- Grass Valley Kaleido-X virtual monitor walls
- SSL Audio Consoles
- Studio and field Robotics
- Integrated Receivers Decoders and other Satellite and ASI gear
- Fiber Optic gear including setting up CWDM
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.